Trading Experiences #2

Recently, I experienced automation in trading.
A friend I met through trading from Germany coded an automated 'bot' that scanned websites for good deals and would notify people when a profitable arbitrage was found. It would give the percentage/amount of profit, the exact details about the item and which tradebot it was on, the prices, etc. It could also find the lowest/highest float items on bots (usually desirable, overpaid for) and other kinds of rare items.
This really struck me because all the work I used to have to do by visiting all the different sites and looking for these items could be automated in no time. It gave me a sense of how slow we were, compared to computers and programs. What would take us fifteen minutes, could be done in three seconds, with greater accuracy. Before, I had to open the thirty or so sites I had, and then look for specific items on them, spending ~30 seconds on each at best, usually around a minute - that would be a 'run'. The bot could do a 'run' through 6 sites in less than 10 seconds.
Basically, I experienced automation in an area that I'm personally very involved in and was surprised by how powerful it was, and how it completely destroys any human-based operations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

我打开网上中文学校的窗口。网上中文学校的教学内容十分丰富。

我接通了“因特网”,这网上的世界可真精彩呀!

我在电脑上给爷爷奶奶发电子邮件。爷爷奶奶很高兴。