Why Was Summly Successful?


Today I read an article about Nick D’Aloisio’s application, Summly. Summly sums up articles and gives you the summary. You can also click on a link to read the original article.
One reason I think Nick was successful is because he had a clear idea on what he was going to do and a creative mind. He didn’t have any “uhh”s or “umm”s when he was talking about his application. He knew what he was going to do, how he was going to do it, etc. He had the idea to create this app – which proves he has a great, creative mind.
Another reason I think he was successful is because he had a lot of supporters. These supporters helped him by giving him money and letting him hire employees and lease office space. This helped him by letting him work with more people and get his project done faster. Otherwise, he might have not even finished his project because of an insufficient amount of money.
To sum up, I think Nick D’Aloisio’s app Summly was successful because he had a creative mind, a clear goal, and sufficient funding.

Comments

  1. I like this ... but in a way, sufficient funding probably will only come to him because of the good idea.

    That said, the young entrepreneur does seem to have sufficient support and caught with good timing. I do not think he is the only one having such ideas, but he implemented it gracefully. Further his young entrepreneurial image helps to re-establish Yahoo!'s brand image-- young, innovative (in addition to align perfectly well with Yahoo's main business)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I included sufficient details, but I probably could have included more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

我打开网上中文学校的窗口。网上中文学校的教学内容十分丰富。

我接通了“因特网”,这网上的世界可真精彩呀!

我在电脑上给爷爷奶奶发电子邮件。爷爷奶奶很高兴。