Clam Digging

           Yesterday my family went clam digging. There, we found lots of shells, but not so many shellfish. It was interesting, though.
           The main shellfish we dug for were clams, mostly the kind with ridges on the shell, because those were tastier, and they also had less dirt in them. We looked for breathing holes in the ground, then started digging. If we were fast enough, we would find the clam before it escaped, but otherwise, the clam got away and we were left with a big hole. The rake was a useful tool for scouring muddy ponds a few feet in diameter. I would drag the rake through the pond, and usually I would come up with four or five clams.
           We also found other animals. For example, I found a bunch of sea urchins and a crab. My brother found two enormous sea snails, a few urchins, and also a crab. Among the animals we found were worms, bugs with red insides (I accidentally speared one with the rake) that had really hard exoskeletons that perched on dead shellfishes' shells, seabirds, and mussels, though the mussels were all empty.
           To sum up, I enjoyed clam digging because I got to see all the animals and I also got to look forward to the prospect of fresh clam for dinner the next day.
           P.S. I never knew clams "peed"! They squirt water out their sides!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

我打开网上中文学校的窗口。网上中文学校的教学内容十分丰富。

我接通了“因特网”,这网上的世界可真精彩呀!

我在电脑上给爷爷奶奶发电子邮件。爷爷奶奶很高兴。