JAZZ CONCERT

           Today I attended a live jazz concert. One interesting thing I saw was the plunger mute. Another interesting thing I saw was the saxophones of different sizes.
           First of all, the plunger mute is what it sounds like - a plunger without the stick. It is put on the front of brass instruments to help make them sound more human. It is clapped on and off the front while the instrument is being played to create varying sounds. Also, instrumentalists will lift off one side of the plunger and then press it back on instead of just taking the whole thing off the instrument.
           Also, the saxophones were really cool. There were small ones about 2 feet tall, and some that were a lot bigger and were around 4 feet tall. The small ones made higher sounds, while the larger ones made lower sounds. I enjoyed listening to all of the saxophones playing together to create a really interesting sound.
           All in all, I learned a lot about instruments during this concert - I learned about plunger mutes and I also learned that larger saxophones made lower sounds than smaller ones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

我打开网上中文学校的窗口。网上中文学校的教学内容十分丰富。

我接通了“因特网”,这网上的世界可真精彩呀!

我在电脑上给爷爷奶奶发电子邮件。爷爷奶奶很高兴。