Prompt: "All I wanted was a glass of water."

           All I wanted was a glass of water. I had walked towards the jug of water when I heard clicking sounds. They grew in rapidity until they turned into a buzzing cacophony. Soon, I was going crazy.
           What was all this sound about? I found out as I turned the corner. There were big machines with blinking lights in this room. They hadn't been there before.
           When I looked out the window, I knew something was really wrong. Big green aliens towered over our house, watching us. "MOM! DAD!" No answer. Mom and dad were gone, too. I saw them over on a different experiment table.
           I suddenly had a great idea. In the night, when the aliens were gone, I got mom and dad back in the house. We worked together to splash water over those dastardly machines. The problem was that the aliens had cut our water supply. I realized the machines were to stop us from returning to Earth - we were bound to the Earth, and the machines weakened the bond enough to prevent us from teleporting back. We had to be efficient - there was only one glass of water and there were ten machines. In the morning, the aliens came back to the lab and saw us short-circuiting the teleportation-prevention machines. They rushed to stop us, but it was too late - we were gone and at home in the blink of an eye.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

我打开网上中文学校的窗口。网上中文学校的教学内容十分丰富。

我接通了“因特网”,这网上的世界可真精彩呀!

我在电脑上给爷爷奶奶发电子邮件。爷爷奶奶很高兴。