Why I Play Games

           After I was "suspended indefinitely" from electronics, I would like to explain a few reasons why I want to play certain games often.
           First of all, I would like to play Clash of Clans - type games often for two reasons. First of all, you are raided in this game. If you want to have any hope of buying ANYTHING at my level, you must accumulate money. Since it takes so long to accumulate money, if you don't keep active during that period, you will be raided. If you get raided and haven't been active for a long time, all your money will be in your gold mines. Even though the game only gives 5% of the resources in your storages, that rule does NOT apply to your gold mines, elixir collectors, and dark elixir mines. Therefore, if someone raids you, they will take ALL of your money. You will never be able to save up to the 200,000 gold that the cheapest thing costs at my level (the most expensive is up to 1,500,000!). Normally, to save up, you raid others to get the money fast enough. But if you don't, you can't go anywhere - two big fat 0s in your resource amounts. Another reason I want to play often is my clan. If I don't stay active - for example, in a period of a week, I do not donate any troops, then I get kicked out. I have friends in my clan, and I wouldn't want to be kicked - because that is pretty much permanent.
           Also, I would like to play Outwitters - type games often for a big reason: there is a 4-day turn limit. Once your timer hits four days, you DIE. There is a ranking system, and since I have already not played in a lot of time, I have dropped from #1 to #98. In my 100 person division. Soon I will be demoted. Since my friends can see what division I'm in - and they play Outwitters too - they will know how bad I am at the game - but I'm not. I don't want to be seen as a person who can't catch up to them even though I started earlier. I don't want to be 'stupid'. This also earns remarks from my teammates. 'Why did you kill us?!!!', 'HOW IN THE WORLD DID U FORGET? THIS ISNT ONLY ABT U!', 'lol you fail' among others. So in the game everyone is mean to me - my teammate taking my resources and saying 'lol' when I ask for them back, etc.
           Finally, some games like BTD5 offer exclusive content if you check in and collect your money a few days in a row. BTD5 offers bonuses in Monkey Money (not that I need it after I hacked it), but you get the idea. On the other hand, Jetpack Joyride offers exclusive vehicles (I hacked and got all of those) and exclusive outfits (Specially on the Halfbrick server, not even available for coins!). These must be unlocked by doing something in the game every day. The outfits don't show up on the "Clothing" section of the Stash until you unlock each specific one. That way, I can't hack it. Because of that, I need to play it daily or spend dollars (which I don't want to do).
           That is why I want to play games often - for social, daily bonus, and just 'so I can actually do something in the game' purposes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

我打开网上中文学校的窗口。网上中文学校的教学内容十分丰富。

我接通了“因特网”,这网上的世界可真精彩呀!

我在电脑上给爷爷奶奶发电子邮件。爷爷奶奶很高兴。