Digging for clams

Yesterday I went digging for clams at a place called Lagoon Beach. I wore rain boots and used a big shovel to try and get clams out from under the dirt.
At first, it did not work, as the places I dug in had no clams. Later, I asked a woman where the clams were and she said that there were a lot where there was a lot of seaweed and small crabs, on the far side of the lagoon. I told everyone they should go over there, but of course a lot of people didn't listen. Dad came over with me, though.
While we were digging in one spot, we found that in another spot there were a bunch of spurts of water, which meant that there were a lot of clams there! We found over 20 clams in there, a whole family! After a while of digging, I was literally picking clams off the bottom of the beach. I cracked a few on accident, because I was digging the wrong way. But when I learned to dig the right way, I found five clams by myself.
When it was time to leave, we accidentally drove towards the wrong ferry, but we decided to go on that ferry instead. When we got there, we found that it was actually faster, and we went to the ice creams shop there, Mora Ice Cream, and enjoyed some ice cream while we waited. I like my flavor because it had shaved chocolate in it.
I enjoyed yesterday because the clams tasted really good and we also got ice cream!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

我打开网上中文学校的窗口。网上中文学校的教学内容十分丰富。

我接通了“因特网”,这网上的世界可真精彩呀!

我在电脑上给爷爷奶奶发电子邮件。爷爷奶奶很高兴。