Volunteer Park and Conservatory

Today I visited the Volunteer Park and Conservatory.
First we visited the Conservatory. I saw some weird plants, including several types of pitcher plants. When we turned them upside down, they actually leaked water! Some of them had huge amounts of water in them while others had a tiny bit. I also saw an interesting plant with triangular leaves. The stem was thing, black, and strong. The leaves, however, were soft and bent really easily, like Kleenex.
After that we played in the park. There were a few huge trees that were really fun to climb. They had huge, smooth branches and roots that snaked along the ground. I have never seen any trees like that - they grow and look like pine trees, but are all attached to a central tree by roots that are one to two feet thick and are above ground.
I had a great time at the park today, and I saw some new and interesting plants!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

我打开网上中文学校的窗口。网上中文学校的教学内容十分丰富。

我接通了“因特网”,这网上的世界可真精彩呀!

我在电脑上给爷爷奶奶发电子邮件。爷爷奶奶很高兴。