Juneau

Today was the day I visited Juneau. Juneau is the capital of Alaska, and it’s also one of the biggest cities in Alaska.
Before we visited Juneau, I played a few games of giant chess. It was very interesting, since I had never tried it before. I got to lug humongous pieces around, and it was great fun. Also, the pieces offered a rest. I could just sit on the pieces instead of finding a bench.
During the trip, I also had played a game called shuffleboard. In this game players use poles with arcs on the end and push pucks around. The arcs have small plastic balls on them. The point is to slide the puck into a certain spot and score points. You can also lose points by sliding the puck into the wrong part of the lane. The best part of the game is bumping enemy pieces into bad spots and bumping your own pucks into good spots.
Finally, when I got to Juneau, I took a tour to the Mendenhall Glacier. The Mendenhall glacier is huge, and I was really sad that I couldn’t take a walk on it. It looked beautiful, especially with a waterfall next to it. I liked the mix of light blue, pure black and stark white on the glacier, because it provided ample contrast so as to see the ridges and depressions of the glacier.

The trip to Juneau was great, with all the fun and games, and the stay in Juneau was also great – with the great Mendenhall glacier to see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

我打开网上中文学校的窗口。网上中文学校的教学内容十分丰富。

我接通了“因特网”,这网上的世界可真精彩呀!

我在电脑上给爷爷奶奶发电子邮件。爷爷奶奶很高兴。