Should You Trust Consumer Reviews?

           I think you should treat the consumer reviews on websites like jokes because most of them are  jokes.
           For example, if you looked at a review that said: "For about 8 months now I have noticed that a huge ship has been stalking me…I was fearful because my parents were killed by a big ship when they went out one day 4 years ago to walk the dog, and I have nightmares about it to this day. I do have to deduct a star because this book did not come out in time to save my parents," you probably wouldn't believe it. The comment was on a book titled "How to Avoid Huge Ships," and you would probably think this was intended to be some kind of joke - and it is. A huge ship would not be able to stalk people the whole time - it would run out of gas, it would be scraping its hull against the ground for a long time, ruining it, and it wouldn't be able to move on land. So this is definitely a joke.
           Another ridiculous comment: "I was thinking, 'Sweet! Finally a version of Outlook that will run on my wooden Chinese toilet seats!! Little did I know this has **NOTHING** to do with Outlook for Windows or any other Microsoft product." This comment was on a book called "The 2009-2014 Outlook for Wooden Toilet Seats in Greater China," a book many other people who viewed the first book also viewed. This is obviously a joke - nobody runs Microsoft Outlook on a wooden toilet seat under their butts!
           To sum up, I don't think you should trust the reviews, but you might as well read them - some of them are pretty funny!
           Actually, most consumer reviews aren't jokes, but some are, and you have to use your judgement to sort them out. Some reviews are actually the customer's experience with the product, while others are just meant to be funny. So you have to judge them on their purpose.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

我打开网上中文学校的窗口。网上中文学校的教学内容十分丰富。

我接通了“因特网”,这网上的世界可真精彩呀!

我在电脑上给爷爷奶奶发电子邮件。爷爷奶奶很高兴。