Call Of The Wild Book Report

           I have recently read a book called The Call of the Wild. This book was about a Southland dog named Buck who later became a sled dog in the harsh Northland.. There were two main differences from when I first read it and when I read it again.
           The first difference was that at first, I didn't really understand how the characters felt, and why, but after I read it again, I understood the characters' personalities more than I had after I first read it. I knew why they did most of what they did. I felt that I could form a picture of the characters, a concise one, after I had read it for the second time. The characters' emotions came to me more, like the dominance of the man in the red sweater, or the love of John Thornton, or any other character. For example, when John Thornton bluffed too big, and told everyone that Buck could pull one thousand pounds one hundred yards, I didn't originally understand what he felt when he realized what he had done. The book just said that his cheeks turned red. Originally, I reasoned it must have been the cold. But during the second reading, I understood that the red on his cheeks was actually humiliation, not cold.
           The second difference was that the second time, I also found some things I had not found before. I found that there were some things that, even though the text was the same, felt different. I felt that there was something more, and that I could read between the lines more, and infer more. I understood the plot more, and I think, overall, I read better. For example, I originally was reading a part about Buck leaping through the woods with a timber wolf, and I just read it as a dog leaping through the woods with a timber wolf. But the second time, when I read it, I could feel the cold and the silence of the woods at night, as I thought it would be in the book. I actually understood the scene metter and made an inference on how the forest would be at night.
           To sum up, I think I really understand this story well, and that there were a lot of differences between the first and second readings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

我打开网上中文学校的窗口。网上中文学校的教学内容十分丰富。

我接通了“因特网”,这网上的世界可真精彩呀!

我在电脑上给爷爷奶奶发电子邮件。爷爷奶奶很高兴。