Chess Tutoring

Over the summer, I taught some chess lessons with the Orlov Chess Academy. Over a week, I interacted with a lot of kids, from 5 to 10 years old. What I think I learned from this experience is that teaching young kids requires a lot of patience. Half the time, they aren't listening, or they aren't understanding what you're saying. Then there were some that just didn't speak English - those were the hardest to talk to. I had to translate and teach both languages, as most people didn't speak Chinese. Combine that with the fact that most of them didn't listen to what I was saying, and it made teaching class a really frustrating experience - but it definitely helped me understand what teachers go through.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

我接通了“因特网”,这网上的世界可真精彩呀!

我打开网上中文学校的窗口。网上中文学校的教学内容十分丰富。

我在电脑上给爷爷奶奶发电子邮件。爷爷奶奶很高兴。