Hiking

I have been hiking many times, and I have always not wanted to go at the start, but I always really enjoyed it at the end.
At the start of the hike, I always feel like I could be doing something more productive, like learning about chess. I regret going on the hike and really want to go home. I walk really slowly, hunched over, bored, thinking about other things. These feelings are even more pronounced if it's muddy or raining. Then I feel like the hike is an absolute waste of time and am very negative for the first half of the trail.
In the middle of the hike, I feel like I have succeeded. I have got to the top, the very ultimate part of the trail, the most beautiful part. I feel happy. I have completed half of the trail and I feel ready to take on the other half. I take a break, drink some water, eat some food, rest. Then I start trekking back.
On the way back, I feel immensely proud. I have made it to the top, and I will make it back down. I will. I walk with a spring in my step, proudly recognizing the landmarks that mean I have made it halfway down, two thirds of the way down, three-fourths the way down, and then I get to the end. I feel elated, as if I have just ran the Olympics and won a gold medal. I feel like I have completed something big.
Even though hiking doesn't seem fun at the start, it gets a lot better as it goes on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

我打开网上中文学校的窗口。网上中文学校的教学内容十分丰富。

我接通了“因特网”,这网上的世界可真精彩呀!

我在电脑上给爷爷奶奶发电子邮件。爷爷奶奶很高兴。