Sandsledding

Today I went sandsledding at the Great Sand Dunes National Park.
First, we went to a place called Oasis to get our sleds. They offered sandboards and sandsleds. We were one of the first people there, so we got our boards really quickly. We chose the smoothest ones, and got our wax. The wax was for putting on the boards so that they didn't get sticky and not work as well.
Then, we went to go sledding. It was really exciting, because you could go really fast, especially on steep hills. You rubbed on a bit of wax and the sled just rocketed down the sand dunes. I fell a bunch of times at the start because I didn't get how to turn, so I couldn't balance the sled, so the sled turned 90 degrees, side to the hill, and toppled over. Once I got the hang of it, however, it got a lot easier for me. Then I started going farther and not toppling. However, I still toppled a lot, and eventually I just stopped sledding because I didn't really think the ride was worth the huge walk back up in sand that kept slipping under your feet.
Even though I like sledding a lot, I probably won't do it too much next time (if there is one) because the walks were just too long and too strenuous for a ride that lasted a few seconds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

我打开网上中文学校的窗口。网上中文学校的教学内容十分丰富。

我接通了“因特网”,这网上的世界可真精彩呀!

我在电脑上给爷爷奶奶发电子邮件。爷爷奶奶很高兴。