Story Part 3

As I watched, the computer screens around me turned blue and displayed a human body. Next to it, a black worm appeared, and a popup showed detailed information about it. A simulation put the human and the worm together. Suddenly, all the screens showed the same error message in bright red: "Unexpected Error: Simulation Not Functioning Correctly". They all cracked with electricity and fizzled out at the same time.
Surprised, I tried to wake the computers up by pressing the Power button. There was no response. I decided my only course of action was to keep moving through the complex. I walked deeper into the maze, and soon I was walking on hard rock. As I got closer and closer to the end of the tunnel, I could feel a vibrating noise.
When I got to the end, I found that a titanium door blocked my path. However, when I touched the door, it creaked open, revealing another one. I opened it, and was presented with another one. I opened it too, and found myself in a small room made out of bedrock. There was one computer terminal, with a tab on it saying Master Access. I looked at the screen. There was a picture of me on it. Underneath, it said: Priority One Target is Invulnerable to Experiment 122. So that is why I am safe from the worms, I thought.
As I explored the complex, it became even more clear that nobody else had survived. I became even more desperate to find someone else to talk to about this. I walked through the various rooms, and saw no one.
As I approached the last room, a room with a weird sign on the door, I got the feeling that there was something important in there. When I opened the door, I found something shocking - hundreds of baby worms, swarming over a large object. I could not tell what it was, it was completely obscured by them. As I walked over to the object, I could see it moving around. It was a pregnant cow, and it already had hundreds of holes in its body. It was almost completely dead, and it gave off one last sad moo before its head lolled to the side. It was then that I noticed there were ropes binding it to the ground, and that the worms had been allowed to feed on the cow.
"What kind of monstrous person would do that?" I thought.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

我打开网上中文学校的窗口。网上中文学校的教学内容十分丰富。

我接通了“因特网”,这网上的世界可真精彩呀!

我在电脑上给爷爷奶奶发电子邮件。爷爷奶奶很高兴。