Story Part 2

Cautiously, I looked inside. All over, there were little red lights flashing. As I stepped in, a few of them died out, then all of them. A screen in the middle of the room flickered to life, reading:"Hello, we have been expecting you. Please proceed." I stepped through the lifeless doors, expecting a government official to pop out and put me in jail any minute. This must all be a mistake, I thought.
Soon, though, it became clear it was not. Bodies sat at computer terminals, silent, unmoving. It was an eerie sight, hundreds of people dead. The stark white of the room made everything seem clean, but it was obvious it was not.
A whirring sound came from the roof behind me, and I spun around, surprised. A machine popped out of the roof, and said:"Follow me." It instantly turned around and walked into a dark corridor. I followed as fast as I could, but the machine always seemed to go faster. The twists and turns got confusing, and I decided not to pay attention to where I was going. As I ran, I noticed that the walkway had a gentle downward slope. The concrete of the floor was slowly turning to the rough, uneven rock of an underground cave. However, there were little holes in the ground, for some unknown purpose.
The robot suddenly stopped around a corner, and opened a door. I stepped into the largest cave I had seen before, and in the middle was a large glass tank that had a huge hole in it. I walked up to the tank and peered inside. A few little black worm-like things remained in there. The label on the tank read: "Experiment Number 122". I hurried over to the computer terminal, where a holographic picture of the worm was floating in the air. As I touched it, the computer said aloud: "This is the latest development in human immune system strengthening. It is supposed to supercharge your immune system and make your body stronger. There is footage from live tests on humans. As I watched, my neighbors which had been 'devoured' by the genetic modifications were put in a room, tied to a chair, and given a black worm. It wormed through their skin into their body while they gargled helplessly. Then they slumped back in the chair, dead. As I watched, many more were put to the test, but all died, with a few hanging on more grittily, but still dying in the end. As I watched, I didn't notice a few of the black worms had crawled out of the tank and were coming up behind me.
They crawled up my legs, slowly, silently, and started burrowing into my back. I still didn't notice, as the worms had a mouth that could inject anesthesia. But as soon as they got past my first layer of skin, they fell to the ground, dead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

我打开网上中文学校的窗口。网上中文学校的教学内容十分丰富。

我接通了“因特网”,这网上的世界可真精彩呀!

我在电脑上给爷爷奶奶发电子邮件。爷爷奶奶很高兴。