Digipen Camp Day 5

Today was the fifth day of Digipen Camp.
In the morning, we had a starship contest to see who could make the best starship. We made our starships starting from cubes in a program called Maya, where you can make objects in 3D and distort them, edit them, drag them around, and interact with them. My starship looked like an X-Wing, as it had wings in the shape of an X. I made thrusters by themselves, then copy and pasted them and merged them with the body of the ship. In the end, I got first place in the contest and 3 'gold' for the Name Tag Game, a game that a lot of people play in the Digipen Camp. I don't play the game, personally, because I think it is kind of boring. You have to do things to complete quests, which you get gold for. Then you buy stuff with gold and do really complicated battles with bosses (aka teachers).
In the afternoon, we worked on our games. Nearly everybody worked on the framework where you flew a plane around and shot at enemies. I uploaded all the models that I had made for the framework, including the enemy turrets, the things that stayed in place, the enemy planes, which flew at you and shot, and the player's ship, which you control. I spent a lot of time going from level to level, changing all the little settings so that the game would look good. Then, my game glitched! On a level that had been working seconds before, it suddenly wouldn't work. It took a really long time to fix, then it turned out it was because something got deleted because I did something wrong accidentally.
I had a really long day, but it was really fun at the same time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

我打开网上中文学校的窗口。网上中文学校的教学内容十分丰富。

我接通了“因特网”,这网上的世界可真精彩呀!

我在电脑上给爷爷奶奶发电子邮件。爷爷奶奶很高兴。