Prompt: "He would have to try again..."

He would have to try again another time. I sat in the control booth watching the security cameras. They projected an image of him sneaking through the store in the shadows. Suddenly, I pressed a button and one of the cameras grew a small red barrel. Seconds after it appeared, the barrel started smoking. He fell to the ground.
Later, he was sent to jail with a twenty-five year sentence. I had caught the infamous criminal at last! Store owners all over the world gave me rewards, accompanied with hearty congratulations. Now they would not have to worry about the criminal. The next few days were uneventful.
After a few weeks, though, I noticed that some products were disappearing fast. I investigated and found that 50% of them were not paid for. How could this be? It was possible that there was another thief! He was probably hidden in the deluges of people who came every day.
So today I paid particular attention to the shampoo, which had been disappearing rapidly. Many customers came to the aisle and snagged items off the racks. They then proceeded to the checkouts, where they properly paid. There was nothing wrong.
The next day, I kept watching. Still no action. I went home at the end of the day, leaving the night watchman there. Maybe sleep would help with the mystery. I woke up at six and headed for the store. The watchman was still there, and looked relieved when he finally could leave. The video cams showed nothing - except for a small blur. I looked again. A round shape was starting to appear. Suddenly, it hit me! The night watchman had been stealing the goods!
Today night, when he came, I would have a surprise ready for him...
one that he would never forget.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

我打开网上中文学校的窗口。网上中文学校的教学内容十分丰富。

我接通了“因特网”,这网上的世界可真精彩呀!

我在电脑上给爷爷奶奶发电子邮件。爷爷奶奶很高兴。