Prompt: "My Biggest Mistake" #2

          Everybody knows it isn't easy to control what you do when you first get your hands on money. And so my biggest mistake was when I didn't control myself and I spent money randomly on the iTunes Store.
          I had connected my debit card to the App Store, so I could buy anything I wanted. But I abused this and started buying too many things. I bought a game one minute and bought another thing the next. I just kept buying things. In a few short days, I had spent more than $40. And I didn't even know about the overdrafts, which were $20 total. So I kept going until my mom and dad approached me and asked what I had been doing with my money. That was when I realized how much money I had spent.
          This was a mistake because none of it would have happened if I had exercised self-control. I didn't even realize that I was spending so much money. When I looked at all the purchases on iTunes, I finally realized what had went wrong. I didn't calm down and stop myself from spending money. I just couldn't resist all the new games and extra level packs. I didn't monitor my bank account well, either.
           Now I know how I should have spent my money. If I were to buy games, I would have to spread my money out over a long time to make it sustainable. I would also need to decide what I really wanted and what was expensive but I wouldn't really enjoy.
           In the end, it was more than $60 randomly spent. I now know that it was a big mistake to not control myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

我打开网上中文学校的窗口。网上中文学校的教学内容十分丰富。

我接通了“因特网”,这网上的世界可真精彩呀!

我在电脑上给爷爷奶奶发电子邮件。爷爷奶奶很高兴。