Prompt: "It was the biggest challenge she faced..."

It was the biggest challenge she faced - winning the chess game. If she did, she would make it through the year with her winnings. If she didn't, she would starve. It was the same for me. The game was tense. She played as well as she could. She was a bit down at the start. The game went downwards from the opening, where she made a small positional blunder. It was going to be a great year. I had always wanted to earn some money so I could take chess lessons and eventually becoming the world champion. I frowned. There was nothing wrong with the opening I had played. And my opponent didn't do anything special, either. How could she have won? I ran through the game again in my head. At the fifty-second move, where I saw mate in five for her if I played a certain move. I didn't play that move, though. I had to go to the bathroom, so I excused myself. When I came back, my opponent was happily whistling. Something seemed to be wrong with the position. But I kept it to myself. After all, what would my best friend do to me?

I called her name: "NAGUCHI!!! NAGUCHIIIIIIII! Where are you?!" The reporters came flooding out. "What?! What?! What are you saying?"I spotted her sneaking away in black stealth clothes with a big duffel bag. 'NAGUCHI! What ARE YOU DOING!?" She ignored me and started running.

Suddenly, I knew what happened! She must have changed my position up so I would lose! I called 911. "My opponent stole my winnings," I said. The police surrounded the city in minutes. They found Naguchi quickly. The next day, she confessed. "Sorry, Hakiyama," she said.

I now had enough money to get myself an apartment! And finally, I could pursue my dream of becoming the chess world champion!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

我打开网上中文学校的窗口。网上中文学校的教学内容十分丰富。

我接通了“因特网”,这网上的世界可真精彩呀!

我在电脑上给爷爷奶奶发电子邮件。爷爷奶奶很高兴。