Answers

Here are my answers to some questions:

1. What people have inspired you in your life?
One person who have inspired me are Steve Jobs. He inspired me because of his persistence in his career. He also inspired me with his desire for perfectness. Steve Jobs inspired me in many ways.

2. Where are your favorite places?
One place I like is Singapore. It has a clean, fresh, and modern environment that I like. There also are many interesting attractions. I enjoy the combination of fresh air and attractions.

3. Do people change over time, or do our personalities remain the same?
I think our personalities do change. For example, people can start out as great, nice kids, but then turn into bullies. People can start out mean and then realize their faults and become nice. It's just a matter of what influences you have in the outside world.

4. What would be your ideal job?
My ideal job would be an architect. I want to be one because as I got older, I would not be replaced like many others - I would still have lots of experience on the job. Also, I would be helping people by designing their homes for them - a benefit for everyone.

5. An old curse says, "May you live in interesting time." Do you live in interesting times?
I think I do live in interesting times. Long ago, life was what we would call "dull" - no games, no books, nothing. The world was evolving at a slow pace. Now, everything is advancing like the universe hit the gas pedal. We live in such a fast, bright, and even "artificial" world now.

6. Can science go too far in its advancements?
I do think science can go too far, especially in the war. For example, the nuclear bomb that hit Japan killed more than 160,000 people. That's definitely going too far. Also, look at the computer. The computer has attracted millions of people around the globe, even people who are reading this post right now. People get addicted, and become useless, just because of this scientific "advancement".

7. What are your favorite activities outside of school?
My favorite activity is probably skiing. I enjoy skiing for its exciting speed. I also like skiing because it lets me visit the mountains a little more. Skiing is great, especially in the mountains.

8. What books have influenced you most?
The books that have influenced me the most are probably the books "Chew on This" (great book, by the way) and the series "The Magic Tree House". "The Magic Tree House" was my first fantasy series, and it really provoked my hobby of reading books. Also, "Chew on This" told me a lot of things that I didn't know, and it made me generally avoid fast-food restaurants.

Comments

  1. 2. History notes
    One of the most prosperous economic centers in Asia.

    3. personal notes
    If you choose environments' impact, how are you going to deal with it e.g. a bad environment. Example, quote A well known old Chinese Saying "The Mother moved three times for better environments to fit her son"

    4. Summary?
    literature note “安得广厦千万间,大庇天下寒士俱欢颜,风雨不动安如山” 翻译为:怎么才能得到千万间宽敞高大的房子,普遍地庇护天下间贫寒的读书人,让他们个个都开颜欢笑

    5.How come it is "interesting"?

    6. Computer -- be specific. E.g. computer game. China, kids addicted, not study and give up everything to play game. Medical industry, change DNA, clone.

    7. Many ideas here can be used for other topics, e.g. favorite sports, racing, nature, winter activity. Season.

    8. Good chance to quote from book.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

我打开网上中文学校的窗口。网上中文学校的教学内容十分丰富。

我接通了“因特网”,这网上的世界可真精彩呀!

我在电脑上给爷爷奶奶发电子邮件。爷爷奶奶很高兴。