The Books That Influenced Me The Most


Do you know what fast food actually contains? The answer to this question may influence you a lot, too. But do you like fiction? You may or may not, but the two books that have influenced me the most are “Chew On This” and “The Magic Tree House” series.
“Chew On This”, a nonfiction book, is about the disadvantages of fast food. It tells all about how people die every year from undercooked burgers, disease-infected patties, etc. Also, it tells about the bad conditions that the livestock suffer. They are fed extra-fattening food that is made from many chemicals, and then are shut in cages that allow for no walking space at all. In the end, they are cruelly slaughtered at mass slaughterhouses, where many workers are forced to work long hours in dangerous places, while being paid very little. The book made me generally avoid fast food. I was amazed by some of those facts. “Chew On This” encouraged me to read more nonfiction.
“The Magic Tree House” series is a fictional one, and is about a boy and a girl, Jack and Annie, who travel through time and solve mysteries or find hidden things. This book influenced me to start reading more fiction. I really enjoyed it at the time, and started exploring the worlds of other characters such as Geronimo Stilton, Greg Heffley and Percy Jackson.
To sum up, the books “Chew On This” and “The Magic Tree House” made me more interested in books.

Comments

  1. I think I should've included more on-topic details about "Chew On This".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

我打开网上中文学校的窗口。网上中文学校的教学内容十分丰富。

我接通了“因特网”,这网上的世界可真精彩呀!

我在电脑上给爷爷奶奶发电子邮件。爷爷奶奶很高兴。