Is it a BLT or a BLTC?


Yesterday dad, my two little brothers, and I drove to Whole Foods Market for dinner. My dad saw a new “Eastern Market Café” section, and so I decided to try it out.
I ordered a BLT sandwich (Bacon-Lettuce-Tomato). Many other people were already at the counter, and I saw some woman carry away a delicious-looking sandwich. The chef, who was obviously a new guy – you could tell from his uniform – told the woman the sandwich was called a “Reuben”. I decided to let dad “test drive” the “Reuben”. We waited for a while, and then the chef handed me a sandwich. It looked good, but it had no bacon, lettuce or tomato. When I asked, he gave me bacon and apologized.
Once dad got his Reuben, he said he wanted some lettuce and tomato. The chef acknowledged it and went to work on some other sandwich. He must have forgotten – my dad asked him again after a while – and he apologized again and gave us the lettuce and tomato. Then, because he thought he had made us late (he looked like he was about to cry), he decided to give us a plate of free fries. Just then, another customer asked about his Grilled Chicken Club. I suddenly felt strange – my BLT had chicken in it… The chef recognized that my sandwich was actually a Grilled Chicken Club and a BLT combined, but let me have it anyway.
My experience at Whole Foods Market was pretty good – I got some fries, a good sandwich, and a great bottle of juice, but the bad part is that I couldn’t finish the last ½ slice of bread and the last 1½ of the chicken pieces (there were three). I loved the huge sandwich!!!

Comments

  1. Funny! I bet the chef is new and he must feel really bad after all the mess up. I am glad you are not being picky and understanding! A generous heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked my great abundance of details.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

我打开网上中文学校的窗口。网上中文学校的教学内容十分丰富。

我接通了“因特网”,这网上的世界可真精彩呀!

我在电脑上给爷爷奶奶发电子邮件。爷爷奶奶很高兴。