CTEF Annual Dinner

           Two days ago, I went to the CTEF Annual Dinner. There, I sold raffle tickets.
           I felt unhappy about selling the tickets at first because I felt bored. I didn't want to go around holding a box and ripping apart tickets to drop in it. I saw kids playing games, and I wanted to do that, too. I didn't want to keep walking around to tables, selling raffle tickets. I ripped the tickets, dropped them in, ripped more tickets, dropped them in, and repeated the process. It was tedious and annoying. I really wanted to take a break and have some fun.
           I decided to keep selling tickets because I wanted to help kids in China have a good education. I felt that these kids deserved an education, and I wanted to give them a chance to have one. So I kept selling raffle tickets, ripping them and dropping them into the box, even though I really wanted to play some games. I kept selling tickets to help children in China. My partners and I earned $590, enough to help 3 elementary school students in China have a whole year of education.
           To sum up, even though I didn't get much time to play games, it was worth helping the children in China get their education.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

我打开网上中文学校的窗口。网上中文学校的教学内容十分丰富。

我接通了“因特网”,这网上的世界可真精彩呀!

我在电脑上给爷爷奶奶发电子邮件。爷爷奶奶很高兴。